momwithabook

Momwithabook

I love to read, mostly historical fiction with a little historical romance and some ghosty stories thrown int.

Friday Finds, July 26th

FRIDAY FINDS, is a weekly meme that showcases new bookfinds for the week.  Books can be new purchases, library loot, or just books added to your TBR pile or wish list.  Did you find any new (or new to you) books this week?  Head over to Should Be Reading and add you list.

For the past few months I have been thinking about starting a weekly post highlighting my wishlist additions.  My book wishlists are out of control.  I have some on amazon, some and goodreads, and a few jotted down on my Evernote app.  I even take pictures of books I might be interested in out in the “real” bookstores to look into at home.  So, you can imagine how happy I was when I saw this meme on Monday.  I must have been living under a rock, because I have never seen it until now. I kept careful track this week a have ended up with a good selection of wishlist books.

1. The Palace of Illusions, Chitra Divakaruni:  I could not pass up this cover.  I love novels set in India.
  2. Murder at Rosamund’s Gate, Susanna Calkins:  I have seen this book several times and dismissed it because it was a mystery and a series at that, but I read a review this week and something clicked…. onto the wish list it went.
  3. Delia’s Shadow, Jamie Lee Moyer:  Historical Ghost Story….. YUUUP
  4. The Vanishing, Wendy Webb:  Seems very Kate Morton-ish.  Can’t wait for January.
  5. The Letter, Kathryn Hughes:  Reading this now.
  6. The Parting Glass, Emilie Richards:  This is a sequel to Whiskey Island.  That one was on my wish list so this one had to be too.  I hope there is not too much romance in these.  I can’t wait to find out.

Do any of these look interesting?  What’s new on your wish list this week?